Monday, 1 May 2017

Vintage Bentleys



Near to us is a vintage Bentley garage. We often stop to ogle them through the window.
Andy was tipped off by our Morgan owning neighbour, that they were having an open day and afterwards, the cars were going on in procession to Goodwood Motor Circuit.



We didn't get to the garage open morning, but we did mange to get ourselves and Meirionwen to Goodwood to see the Bentleys.

Most of these are racing Bentleys!
Can you just picture them careering around a race track?



Gorgeous Jaguar too.


And my goodness, what a glorious day it was! Look! No cardigan! I'd say it was bordering on being quite hot.
I wore a me made dress, my patent heels, Hell Bunny belt, vintage gloves and hair scarf and my daisy cardigan.



The cars were plentiful and so beautiful!



This though, was my favourite. So, so regal!






We pottered about, looked at the cars, chatted to people who were admiring Meirionwen, watched the cars (not the Bentleys) going around the circuit for a bit, then went for a walk before having our picnic.





9 comments:

  1. Fab!!! I love old Bentleys. Andy's haircut is brilliant. Melanie, your sweet face reminds me of Lillian Gish, and is so lovely with your personal style era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I often get compared to Lillian Gish, it's a huge compliment, so thank you again xxx

      Delete
  2. How fab to have that garage on your doorstep! Such grand old beasts, aren't they? I bet they looked wonderful at Goodwood, hopefully accompanied by people as stylish as you and Andy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning, all the ones at the garage are owned by wealthy people who store them there, although now I say that, I'm wondering if the majority might belong to the same person as it's know as the *insert name here* Collection.

      You know, the drivers were all dressed as your typical country set types, quite unassuming, though they did wear goggles! xxx

      Delete
  3. Those vintage Bentleys are fabulous, and you aren't looking too bad yourself! In fact, you are looking the part in that wonderful you-made dress. And no cardigan: does that mean Spring is on its way after all? Love that photo of you and Andy in your sunnies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! Spring was certainly here, albeit briefly, as it then turned, but it's looking quite spring like once again here xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh I love vintage cars, so these photos are gorgeous to see! Love the sunshine in these shots too and you look lovely here as well. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooooom! What a sight, to see all those together at once. And you look picture-perfect, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!