Thursday, 27 February 2014

We Love You Miss Hannigan


I love the 1982 film 'Annie', mostly for Carol Burnette's standout performance as Miss (Agatha) Hannigan. I refuse to even entertain anyone else in her role. Why do they remake classic films??? I heard they were re-making East of Eden. Why? Why do that? It'll be a flop, just like all those Michael Caine films they re-made.

Anyway ... Miss Hannigan.



I love her expressive face, beautiful jewellery and her red hair ...

 


I especially love her wardrobe ...




 

This in particular, I have a weakness for lacy flimsies ...








I'd wear this in a heartbeat.



This is gorgeous too ...






She's like a female version of Tim Curry ...




Which makes the casting for her brother Rooster (Tim Curry!)  sheer perfection ...



Yes, we love you Miss Hannigan!


 



16 comments:

  1. Great costumes, especially the little lace flimsy!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!!! We love you Miss Hannigan!!! Surely though, lace scanties (since that's what Warbucks sings!)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scanties, flimsies, all wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't agree more and the costumes are brilliant! Annie is such a good classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It's a wonderful film!

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to play Miss Hannigan on the stage. I would probably mimic Carol Burnette's performance inch by inch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely the way to go!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow her outfits are amazing! I hate it when classics are re-made too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, those flimsies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully fun post and move/play character to shine the spotlight on. I've always coveted her splendidly lovely red curls!

    Big hugs & many thanks for both of your great blog comments today, sweet Melanie,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome I'm glad you liked this post Jessica, she's always been a favourite character of mine and I thought a post dedicated to her was about due xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!