Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Style Inspiration: Jon Pertwee

in·spi·ra·tion/ˌinspəˈrāSHən/
Noun:
The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative: "flashes of inspiration".

***
Onward from the first Doctor to the third .. Jon Pertwee, as I am having difficulties with the second one and am in no frame of mind to tackle that particular problem at present.


I was looking forward to this one .. foolishly I sometimes think.
I thought it would be easy .. I was quite wrong.
 I ended up looking somewhat like Zorro at one point, not quite the look I was hoping for. Beggar.
I thought he (the Doctor) might have liked my hat, so I tried it but that's the exact moment when I started to feel like a more flamboyant Zorro ..

Z



*
So, I removed the hat but kept the gloves .. but still was not feeling it.
*cries*
I had also started to feel more like Lena Lovich.
And my hair had gone all frizzy.




*
Oh yes, look at my fob watch, it has bunnies on the case.
It's not blurry in real life though.


*
By now I had hoicked the skirt up (which made me look even more like Zorro somehow), pulled it back down and discarded the gloves and my sense of humour. 
I was fed up and bored so thought I would ham it up but think I came off looking more like Tom Baker in the eye department .. it really didn't help that I had forgotten the exact pose I was going for.
I felt a failure .......... and that I was channeling Bela Lugosi.


(I really do like this picture of me though)



*
Behold, The Boredom and Fed Up-ness of Melanie. 




I wore -

Hat - made by me
Cape - also made by me
Gloves, blouse and skirt - retail
Fob watch - gift

***


Other sweet bloggers who are joining me!


Oh yes, I thought you might like to see what happens when I take my hair down at the end of the day .. and yes, my hair is naturally curly.




30 comments:

  1. Melanie, YOU are gorgeous! Your hair is gorgeous! Ahhh, to have curls! My hair, as I have said before, is pretty much stick straight. Love all these pictures. What fun! You started my day off just right!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've made me blush, bless you xxx
      I do so love my curls, even if this is as long as my hair ever looks! It's right down to my shoulder blades if you pull it straight, but it naturally pings up again.

      Delete
  2. Epic post!!I really love your inspired outfit: the cape and the necklace are beyond fabulous and I adore your hat!!You look gorgeous in all the photos!!!
    P.S.I love Bela Lugosi!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Bela is indeed very wonderful.
      xxx

      Delete
  3. It's annoying if you have a certain look in mind and it doesn't work out, but you still look great. You hair is great,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xxx
      It's always the way, the best laid plans of Mice and Melanie's ..

      Delete
    2. I was going add that I thought the watch is cute too, but blogger swiped the rest of my comment! I haven't seen anything like that before.

      Delete
    3. It is very lovely, it came from France and was a birthday/Christmas gift. I shall have to get a better photo to show.

      Delete
  4. Well done for trying, Melanie! You look fabulous anyway. I love your bunny watch btw. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so so funny! Love the Tom Baker boggly eyes! Hee hee!!! I do think you managed to channel him though- but also Zorro. Perhaps Steven Moffatt will take this as inspiration and have a Zorro episode in new Doctor Who- the Doctor seems to have claimed to have done everything else, why not this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, now I'm thinking I won't be able to pull off the Tom Baker look, as I was so convinced I could but now I have doubts. He SHOULD claim it, "I use a sword now, swords are cool."
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Well, even if it's not exactly as you planned as a Jon Pertwee tribute, you still look fabulous! You could star in your own TV series, as a Victorian lady sleuth. Love the hat and the crazy curls! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem I'm having is I only have two pairs of trousers, neither or which 'go' so I have to compromise. Of course now I want to be a Victorian sleuth which has given me ideas for a future post!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. I think you look great. It's a pity the outfit didn't work out as you planned. The cape is marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I said above, the best laid plans of mice and Melanie's ..
      xxx

      Delete
  8. I think you look very distinguished Victorian lady in your outfit Melanie, Zorro was gorgeous anyway, so there's nothing wrong with a bit of Zorro. Now you've got me thinking of Jack White as Zorro, he was very nice too. What is it about your blogs gets me thinking lustfully about various men? It was Al Pacino last time and now Zorro and Jack White!
    I love your rabbit watch pendant, I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it. And I love your hair in the last pic, I think it must look beautiful when you leave it down. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I have the black and white 'Mask of Zorro' film, but Tyrone Power faded into insignificance faced with Basil Rathbone in the same film. I just had to google Jack White Zorro to see what that was all about, he's an interesting one isn't he.
      I'd never seen a watch like it before either, I was given it as a joint birthday/Christmas gift (the problem with having a birthday Christmas week) and it came from France. I had always wanted one (unknown to the gift giver) but never expected there would be a bunny one.
      I used to wear my hair down all the time, but curly hair has a tendency to 'go up' at the back making it look like I have a weird bob and now I have new specs, it just looks strange down! It doesn't ever look any longer than that though, but is down to my shoulder blades.
      xxx

      Delete
  9. I agree with Curtise, the Victorian Lady Sleuth series would be great!! Or the first female Dr Who (it's about time). These are great outfits, wear them more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my new muse, seriously! I can't get over how much I've been madly adoring your whimsical, gorgeous, Victorian influenced outfits lately.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit even if it wasn't exactly as you anticipated. You cape is lovely adn I'm so envious of your tumbling curls! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my curls too xxx

      Delete
  12. Been missing you here Melanie, hope all is well with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (only just seen all of these, oops!) xxx

      Delete
  13. You look fab and I agree with Curtise - very Victorian Sleuth.

    Beautiful curls too.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your natural hair, so vogue pretty. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!